I spend 90% of my workdays at a desk typing, and I'd say 80% of that time I'm listening to podcasts. My favorite genre can be boiled down to, essentially, "two friends chat about a media property and/or crime". Here are some of my favorites!
- Ruined!: Halle spoils a horror movie for Allison, who is too afraid to watch them but wants to know the twist.
- That's Messed Up: Liza Treyger and Kara Klenk recap a Law & Order SVU episode and then the true crime it was based on. They also interview people from the show, but I'm not huge on listening to interviews so tbh I skip the final ten minutes or so while that happens. (
update June 2022: I can really only listen to one episode of this every so often because it's very good but also like, super grim! due to the subject, and I can't always do it. Might be easier if you're generally more into true crime than I am)
- Scary Stories To Tell On The Pod: Sadly concluded in December 2021! Anna Drezen and Andrew Farmer read & discuss the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark books, urban legends, fifth-hand ghost stories, and other spooky things in a very funny way.
(Sidenote, please watch & fall in love with Andrew's 31 Aunts of Halloween)
- I Love a Lifetime Movie: Naomi Ekperigin and Megan Gailey recap Lifetime movies of all genres.
- Scam Goddess: Laci Mosley & a guest discuss historical & contemporary scams
- The Empty Bowl: